Sunday, August 16, 2009

Skullicious


This weekend I added some new Halloween Skull tags to my Etsy shop. I know, it is only August, but the retail shops already have Christmas out, so I am feeling kind of justified.

I don't know what you do at your house for Halloween, but I have recently discovered that Dia de los ñatitas (Day of the Skulls) is a festival celebrated in La Paz, Bolivia on November 9. Traditionally, the skull of one or more family members are kept at home to watch over the family and protect them during the year. On November 9, the family crowns the skull with fresh flowers, sometimes also dressing it up in various garments, and makes offerings of cigarettes, coca leaves, alcohol, and various other items in thanks for the year's protection. Makes handing out candy apples dressed like a witch seem kind of lame doesn't it?

In my effort to showcase Etsy artisans, http://www.stinkyandsweetpea.etsy.com/ has the cutest doggie cookies ever! Look at these Dia de los Mutt-os Skull treats. They also have the coolest tattoo heart cookies. For bad-ass doggies- like mine.

1 comment:

  1. Yes those South American Fesivals are so interesting...they give us a whole new perspective on death...

    ReplyDelete