Sunday, August 2, 2009

Let's Go Buy Shoes Instead


In an effort to do my part in stimulating the economy, I went car shopping yesterday. I have not been car shopping in years. I can confirm it is still the single most unpleasant buying experience available. I like walking into a store, spying desired object, walking up to the register and paying. Clean, simple, satisfying. With a car purchase, the object for the sellers appears to be "wear them down with sales double speak and tricky numbers games". Can you imagine if every time we walked into a shop we had to bargain?

I just want a new SUV Mr.Toyota dealer, and I want to pay the exact same price as the tough nosed negotiator that just bought one before me. Is that too much to ask? I hate this process so much, that today I have enlisted the help of the tough nosed negotiator husband of a dear friend to do this deal for me. Apparently he loves doing this. It might be a guy thing. Or a power thing. I have no idea, I think I will go buy some new shoes today. It will be most satisfying.

This charming blue toy car is from http://www.gagaonline.etsy.com/ According to her profile, all of the toys in her shop are handmade by special needs adults. Please check out the shop for lovely bunny, giraffe & dinosaur toys in pastle colors.

2 comments:

  1. I would think you would get a good price on an SUV. A lot of people traded theirs in when gas went sky high, and last I heard they couldn't give them away. At least here the car lots are full of them. We just bought a car, too, so I feel ya.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...something about shoes that make us smile! I always ask a guy friend along for car purchase...
    Hope you'd get what you want dear!

    ReplyDelete